RJR BAX Mastering EQ
The RJR BAX Mastering EQ is built to order. Please allow a minimum 4-6 weeks for delivery.
The RJR BAX Mastering EQ is a stereo 3 band eq with high and low baxandall shelves, a sweepable parametric mid filter, and a 4 position low-cut filter. The high and low shelves as well as the mid band each have 6 selectable frequency settings. All three of the main frequency bands have a boost/cut range of +/-0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5, 6 and 8 dB via stepped ELMA rotary switches. Additionally, the low sub-cut filter is a fixed 6dB/octave cut filter with 3 frequency settings and an 'off' setting. The bypass is a hard bypass executed via relays. Baxandall shelves have a very natural sound, and are excellent sound shaping filters. Along with the mid filter and low cut filter, this particular eq is perfect for shaping the overall tonal balance of mixes, submixes, and individual channels. It's use of exceptionally clean LME high speed opamps, WIMA film caps, low esr electrolytic caps, and metal film resistors allows you to adjust the tonal balance of source audio without imposing any additional sonic characterstics on it. This is one very clean, very transparent eq!
- 100% recallability with stepped controls throughout
- Extremely clean and transparent audio path
- Extremely low noise floor
- Perfect for tone shaping without changing the sonic character of source audio
- Built by hand, one unit at a time, in the USA
- High, Mid, and Low Boost/Cut amounts:
+/- 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5, 6, and 8 dB
- Six High Frequency Selections:
9kHz, 13kHz, 16kHz, 20kHz, 27kHz, and 40kHz
- Six Mid Frequency Selections:
200Hz, 400Hz, 800Hz, 2kHz, 4kHz, and 7kHz
- Six Low Frequency Selections:
20Hz, 30Hz, 40Hz, 60Hz, 85Hz, and 120Hz
- Four Position Low-Cut Filter @ 6dB/octave
Off, 10Hz, 20Hz, and 40Hz
- Input Impedance: greater than 10k ohms
- Output Impedance: less than 50 ohms
- Noise Floor: below -90dBu
- Input AC: 110-120V (can be built with 220-240V input. Please specify when ordering).
- 4mm thick black anodize aluminum front panel with CNC cut engravings
- 2mm thick black anodize aluminum rear panel with CNC cut engravings
- All aluminum chassis
- ELMA 24 position rotary switches for Boost/Cut controls
- 6 position rotary switches for Frequency Selectors
- 4 button push bank for Low Cut Filter
- WIMA film capacitors
- Low ESR Panasonic FC Electrolytic capacitors
- Metal Film Resistors
- High Speed LME49710 opamps
- C0G NP0 ceramic capacitors
The RJR BAX Mastering EQ is also available through select retail dealers. Inquire with your favorite pro audio dealer if you prefer to purchase from them.
3 day money back guarantee, all return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.